At Centennial Chiropractic Clinic in Springfield, OR, we can treat a wide variety of conditions, including whiplash, back pain, shoulder pain, joint pain, headaches, auto injuries, and more. Whiplash is one of the most common injuries we treat. Our chiropractor provides natural, drug-free treatment options for whiplash. We want to help you get back to living a healthy, pain-free life.
Causes and Signs of Whiplash
The neck is made up of many small vertebrae fused together and supports the full weight of your head, allowing it to turn in different directions. This makes it prone to many injuries that cause neck pain, including whiplash. Whiplash occurs due to a forceful and rapid movement of the neck back and forth.
Most instances of whiplash are due to:
- Rear-end collisions, perhaps the most common cause of whiplash.
- Assault of physical abuse during which you are punched or shaken.
- Collisions during contact sports like football.
Signs and symptoms of whiplash include:
- Stiffness and pain in the neck
- Worsening pain with neck movement
- Decreased range of motion in the neck
- Headaches starting at the base of the skull
- Pain and tenderness in the shoulder, upper back, and arms
- Numbness or tingling in the arms
- Dizziness and fatigue
- Ringing in the ears
- Blurred vision
- Sleep disturbances
- Memory problems
Many times, these symptoms don’t present themselves for days or weeks after an accident. It is important to seek treatment right away so our chiropractor can diagnose and treat any underlying conditions like whiplash.
Our chiropractor's treatment for whiplash will focus on gently stretching an extremely tensed muscle or repeatedly contracting inhibited muscles in the neck. Treatment will be different depending on the specific cause of the whiplash, but a few general modalities you can expect are:
- Spinal manipulation to gently realign any joints in the neck and spine that may be misaligned.
- Corrective exercises, which can be done both at home and in the clinic, and are designed to lessen disc instability related to whiplash.
- Instrument-assisted techniques, which make use of a hand-held device to apply force to the neck and spine gently.
- Soft tissue therapies, which stretch or apply pressure to the injured muscles.
- Massage therapy, which helps improve blood flow, reduce inflammation, and promote natural healing the body.
Schedule an Appointment for Chiropractic Care in Springfield, OR
If you are suffering from whiplash, you don't need to continue living in pain. At Centennial Chiropractic Clinic in Springfield, OR, our team of experts will diagnose and treat your condition. We will get you back to doing the things you love without any pain. To learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment, call us today.