How Chiropractic Care Helps Individuals
Do you ever wonder why chiropractic care is so popular among individuals with acute or chronic pain? It is a different approach that actually helps the body to heal appropriately, reduces acute and chronic pain, and improves health and well-being. Dr. Kevin Muzzana at Centennial Chiropractic Clinic in Springfield, OR, wants you to know what chiropractic care is and what conditions it can treat.
What Does Chiropractic Care Mean?
Chiropractic care is a profession in the healthcare field that focuses on the relationship between the nervous system and the spine. The spine is an amazing network that houses bones, muscles, nerves, ligaments, and tendons. When it’s working properly, the entire body feels healthy. But when the spine becomes misaligned by an injury or disease, the functions of the body gets thrown off. If this happens, chiropractic adjustments, among other techniques used within the field, work to restore the alignment of the spine. Not only does this relieve pain but also counters inflammation, promotes healing, improves function in the body, and restores range of motion.
Conditions That Chiropractic Care Treats
It stands to reason that spinal adjustments help relieve pain in many parts of the body, but many other conditions benefit from chiropractic, some obvious and some not so obvious.
- Headaches and migraines: While many people turn to pain medication, a chiropractic adjustment can address the origin of the headache or migraine and bring pain relief without using drugs.
- Fibromyalgia: This condition causes widespread pain throughout the body and limits mobility. We look for the root cause of the pain and come up with a plan that may involve adjustments and manipulations to reduce the flare-up episodes.
- Sciatica: Pressure on the sciatic nerve triggers shooting pain throughout the lower extremities. An adjustment can relieve the pressure placed on the sciatic nerve so that the pain can be eliminated.
- Plantar fasciitis: Heel pain is often caused by this condition. It happens when the plantar fascia becomes inflamed. Chiropractic care can reduce the stress in the foot and provide relief.
- Sports injury: Sports injuries can include everything from sprains and strains to fractures and dislocations. Chiropractic care can speed your recovery process and get you back in the game in no time.
Chiropractic care is also used to treat shoulder pain, tendinitis, auto accident injuries, and other personal injuries.
Discover How Chiropractic Care Can Do for You
If you suffer from back or neck pain, or any of the aforementioned issues, get in touch with us to find out if chiropractic care can help you. At Centennial Chiropractic Clinic in Springfield, OR, Dr. Muzzana will discuss your problems and concerns with you, perform an exam, and suggest several treatment options. Our treatment plans may include not only chiropractic adjustments but also massage, exercises, and nutritional and lifestyle advice. Contact us today at 541-726-6521 to discover how chiropractic care can improve your life.